Tuesday 19 March 2013

Ninja Amigurumi

A friend of mine asked me to make something for him for Christmas 2012, rocking my brains I could only think of one thing I could crochet him that was cool and he'd love.... A ninja. However looking all over the Internet I couldn't find a free pattern that I liked so this is my first attempt at making up a pattern.


This ninja took me a long time to do as I wasn't sure how to crochet my own pattern and I made the stitches really tight so that the white stuffing I used wouldn't be seen though the black. The 'sash' is pretty much a macramé bracelet made out of square knots with red yarn. 


To add to the ninjas side I found some very thin red wire and curled it up into a roll which I sewed onto the sash. I found various ninjas with a crochet ninja star but I hadn't got a clue how to make one of those and I like the look of the wire. 


To the back of the ninja I made a sword which I think looks cool. I was going to leave the sword unattached so he could take it out, but it would most probably get lost so I used a bit of thread and sewed it in place. 

After giving this to my friend for Christmas he proceeded with a plan to post it to my house (as we don't live near each other) without me knowing and for my boyfriend to leave it in a place where I'd randomly come across it, proper sneaky ninja style! 

Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment