Sunday 3 March 2013

Angry bird Amigurumi

After finding out I really enjoyed making crochet mushrooms I decided to try something slightly more difficult. My friend loves Angry Birds and had just got her first car so Angry Bird car decoration anyone?





I didn't find this too difficult to make. The hardest part for me was sewing the bits onto the main body. But thats because I only started sewing at the same time as I started crocheting (yup a 23 year old who can't sew- shocking). So I just made the sewing up as I went along. Luckily it's sill in one piece!

The only difference that I made to the pattern is that I didn't have safety eyes so I tried making small black crochet circles which I thought looked a bit weird....I then decided to cover these up by sewing on black buttons. I think the safety eyes look better but having the patience to wait for things is not my forte, I just wanted to get it done. 

To make it into a rear view mirror hanging all I did was sew a bit of yarn through the top of the bird in a position so that the bird hung the way I wanted then tied it off leaving a loop. Done. 



Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment