Sunday 3 March 2013

Beginner Crochet (Mario Mushroom)

I tend to jump straight into things, generally just to give myself a challenge. After not finding many projects that I wanted to macramé I started to look at crochet. I bought my first yarns and crochet hooks and got started. With no practice or ever doing anything like this before here's my first try.

Mario Mushroom Amigurumi:


The directions for this mushroom are here: http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/mario-brothers-mushrooms.html (I take no credit for this awesome pattern.) 

As you can see its not perfect and it did take me a few tries to get bits right, but for my first crochet I'm pretty pleased with it. Pleased enough to give it to my friend anyway and then make another!

I wouldn't recommend this as a first crochet project unless you have a lot of patience.

Update: As it turns out, I sewed the white stalk/stem on inside out, rookie mistake. 

Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment