Saturday 8 April 2017

Crochet Totoro

I've been looking forward to posting this for a while, I made it as a Christmas present for my friend however life has got in the way and we haven't seen eachother. This is now my favourite amigurumi that I have made! He is adorable! I may be biased though because I do love a bit of Studio Ghibli.


I think this is the biggest amigurumi I have made so far. It took me a while to make but I enjoyed every minute of it and as it's a gift I was thinking about my best mate the whole time :). The only bit I did not enjoy was sewing on the appendages but thats a personal opinion because I hate sewing and always panic that they are in the wrong place.

The instructions for this are very easy to follow and there isn't any complicated stitches. If you can single crochet, decrease and increase your sorted.

The size was a bit bigger than I expected and I ran out of stuffing half way through... here are the dimensions of my finished product:
Hight (Inc. ears): 9.25 inches
Width (Inc arms): 7.5 inches
Depth (Inc tail): 7 inches

I really want to make another one for myself but at the minute I just don't have the time. I'm too busy Crocheting for charity and making things for other people. Maybe in the future I'll treat myself.

The pattern for this a Totoro can be found Here.

I added some Susuwatari (soot sprites) just for fun! 

Then I added more! I'll blog about these soon, watch this space. 

Update: for other Ghibli projects click Here

Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment