Sunday 7 June 2015

DIY Crochet Bead Bracelet

My parents bought me a tub of beads as a gift. They know me well, I have had a strange obsession of beads since I was very young. So this tub has been sitting there for a while now I figured I should probably use them instead of just admiring their tinyness.

I very simply found some thin yarn that the beads would fit on, thread all the beads I wanted onto the yarn (starting with a larger bead). Then I started to chain stitch whilst randomly adding a bead to one of the stitches (there are many tutorials on how to add beads to chain stitch on the Internet). I did this until the length of chain was long enough to wrap round my wrist 3 times. I made a little loop at the end of the chain just the right size for the larger bead to fit through as a clasp.


A darker yarn would have been more suitable than this, in my opinion, but out of all the yarn that I have this was the only one that these beads would fit on. It is, however, quite a strong yarn so I don't have to worry about it breaking. I think when I have found a more suitable yarn I will make another bracelet.... It's not like I'm going to run out of beads any time soon!

Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment