Wednesday 4 March 2015

Small Crochet Shoulder Bag

If I didn't need to take a bag anywhere with me I wouldn't. All I need is a wallet/purse/thing that holds money, ID, my keys and my phone. All of which used to fit into my pockets until the massive phone phase began. Now my phone has no chance of fitting in my jeans, therefore a bag is needed.

Being a not so girly girl I cannot find a small bag that I like, they are all full of "bling" or frills and things that just aren't me. I also hate these bags or purses that you have to carry everywhere, they have no strap. A bag without a strap makes no sense to me! Who wants to hold something all day when you can just throw it on your shoulder and forget about it? I think it's harder to loose a bag that is attached to you than one that's not. Ranting aside I gave up looking to buy a bag and made myself one instead.


I used This Pattern and edited it slightly to suit me. It is a very simple and easy to follow pattern, I recommend it to anyone new to crocheting. 

I used Marble, Chunky yarn by James C. Brett (200g) with a 6mm crochet hook. I bought this yarn, not knowing what to make with it, because I loved the colour. My go to yarn is always DK just because this is the best thickness for most of my projects so chunky yarn was a first for me. It surprised me how quick it is to work something up with chunky yarn compared with DK. 

The bag fits my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3), my wallet and my keys, exactly what I wanted. However, I couldn't find a button, I wanted to use the bag the next day so I made one. The button is made out of a plastic bottle. More on that later...Maybe...

Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment