Sunday 15 February 2015

DIY Bound Notebook- made from a paper bag.

I like notebooks, I like them that much that I don't use them because I totally ruin them...perfectionism is annoying. So to get over this I tried making my own cheap cheap cheap notebook that I won't mind wrecking.

Whilst surfing the web on how to make notebooks I came across This Tutorial which suggests making a notebook using paper bags. I loved this idea but I wanted a notebook with a different binding. Looking at Japanese binding techniques I found This (which is one of the easier ones...gotta start somewhere!). So combining the two tutorials I made a paper bag notebook with Japanese binding. 



The notebook turned out OK it's not that nice that I feel bad using/ruining it, which was the whole point. DIY notebooks can be made any size, used for anything and decorated in any way or not at all. 

When I've used this one I will try a different binding technique. 


Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment