Saturday 17 January 2015

Crochet Hook Holder

I taught some friends to knit a while back (whilst camping believe it or not) and one of them now loves to knit and wants to give crochet a go. My other friend hasn't really taken to knitting so is wanting to try crocheting instead. With this in mind as a gift I bought them some crochet hooks and decided to make them a case for the hooks to go in. I'm planning on showing them how to crochet soon.


I was a little nervous about making this case because it looked complicated to me, however once I got started the pattern was a lot easier than I expected. It did take a while for me to complete but I was very pleased with the finished product. I used their favourite colours for the case; orange and blue. I love the brightness of the orange on the inside.



Click Here  for the pattern I used, this pattern uses the same colour for the inside and outside of the case whereas I used two different colours and used a black border to separate the two. I also followed This Blog for a few rows as they are explained a little better here. The yarn that I used was RICO Design Creative Cotton Aran 50g. I had to work out what size crochet hook to use with this yarn, eventually I set on 4.5mm crochet hook. In hindsight I should have bought a longer length of yarn as this is literally all I had left of the orange: 


It was terrifying watching the length of yarn getting shorter and shorter not knowing if I had enough to finish the inside of the case! 

I love the Crochet Hook Holder so much that I want to make myself one...eventually, when time allows.

Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment