Sunday 11 May 2014

Crochet Draught Excluder

I haven't been blogging much recently due to lack of time. However I have managed to finish my biggest crochet project yet! A draught excluder.

It is not the most exciting thing in the world, I know, and even though it's bigger than my other crochet projects it was definitely not as complicated as others. It did, however, take a long time to complete.


Click Here for the pattern I based this draught excluder on.

For this project I used scrap DK yarn. I chose colours that I thought would look OK when used together. The width of the stripes were chosen as I went along. To stuff the draught excluder instead of spending money on that much stuffing I used old T-shirts. The T-shirts also made the excluder heavy which is very useful.

I didn't crochet the draught excluder closed, instead I crochet a sort of rope; crochet a chain to the wanted length, turn, single crochet in each chain along, finish off. I weaved the rope through the last round of stitched, pulled tight and tied. This means I can 'unstuff' the t-shirts from the excluder and wash the 'stuffing' and excluder more easily. Or simply change the stuffing later if I wish.



I'm not sure how well the draught excluder works yet as the weather has been quite warm but here's to hoping my living room will be less draughty!


Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment