Wednesday 25 September 2019

DIY Crochet Plant Hangers (in recycled pots)

I have recently become a little obsessed with plants. Mainly houseplants at the moment with a mini jungle that I have started. Here's a small section:


As my plants have got bigger and created 'pup' or baby plants I needed somewhere to put them and I wanted it to be somewhere decorative and pretty. Who doesn't love to show off baby plants?!

I had three glass pots that were previously dessert pots. I keep a lot of glass jars ect because I prefer glass to plastic for storing things and these glass desert pots were dinky and cute, don't judge me.

So i decided to use these as small plant pots for the baby plants. Yes I know plants should all be in pots with drainage holes but these are just temporary pots whilst the plants establish themselves a little before being placed in their permanent pot/position. Now, I'm slowly running out of windowsill space for plants thus needing to find somewhere else for the babies. With my crocheting skills I crocheted some hanging pots to hang on my wall that way they are out of the way and not only look really cute but perfectly match my DIY yarn curtain.



I just crocheted around the pots using double crochet in the back loops only to create a bit of an interesting texture and look. There is still one pot to fill which will soon be filled with this little guy:



Hook off. 


Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment