Wednesday 7 August 2019

DIY Yarn Curtain

                                                    

My partner and I recently bought a house. The previous owners liked open spaces so they knocked down a wall to create a larger living space and removed a door that was not longer required. However, instead of filling the door in completely they installed a window. This window is between the hallway and the living room so people entering the house can see into the living room when entering the front door. Being a person who likes my personal space, this window is a pain. I don't want people at the front door looking in at me sitting on the couch minding my own business. I'm not sure what the thought process behind the window was, it's an interesting characteristic but not really practical. Anyway, instead of getting rid of the window and filling in the wall I decided 'cover it up'.

Using homegrown bamboo and twine (for the rustic look I like) and colourful yarn to go with the decor of the room I made a curtain. I based the yarn  on some of the colours in a Steven Brown painting 'Forest of Argyle' that we bought before buying the house:



Making the curtain was really simple just tying lengths of yarn onto some bamboo. It did however take longer than I expected. But I love how it looks.


The yarn looks really nice when the light from the hallway shines through. To add a bit more interest I made a simple macrame plant holder to hang my spider plant. 



You can just about see another Steven Brown painting peeping in on the left bought for me by my lovely Grandparents. 

Hook Off. 

Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment