Saturday 28 December 2013

DIY Star Wars Snowflakes

I haven't done much paper craft before, Christmas was a good a time as any to start. I decided to start somewhere simple with snowflakes that I probably made when I was in primary school. I couldn't make any old snowflake it had to be geeky.

For the snowflakes I made all I needed was some plain paper, scissors a pencil (and rubber because I can't draw for toffee) and a craft knife. I didn't have a craft knife so I bought one especially, I'm sure I'll get more use out of it in the future. The sharper the craft knife the better.

The patterns I used are by Anthony Herrera they can be downloaded for free or for a donation. The downloads can be printed out but I drew mine it's more unique that way I think.

Not being used to using a craft knife I thought I'd struggle but they were easy enough. The craft knife didn't go through all the layers in one go so I did have to keep going over the same lines a few time but with a little bit of patience they turned out ok. These are the ones I made, there are diagrams for a lot more snowflakes on the website.

Tie Interceptor:

Yoda:


Emporer Palpatine:


C-3PO:


B-Wing:


The B-Wing I made first before my craft knife turned up as this didn't require a craft knife. However Rookie mistake; I drew the design on the wrong corner so when I cut the design out all the pieces fell apart... hence the single B-Wings in the picture. I can imagine this would be extremely frustrating if the design took a long time to cut out. Luckily I learnt my lesson with this one. 

I hope you had a great Christmas! 

Coming up in my next blog a Despicable Me Minion Snowfake that I designed myself. 


Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment