Saturday 17 August 2013

Easy Adjustable Necklace

Still on the subject of making necklaces. This one took me about 15minutes max to make. I Just needed cord a few small beads and to learn how to make adjustable knots. I like my necklaces pretty small so adjustable ones are ideal.  Here's what I made:

This is at a longer length so I can fit it over my head...

This is at a short length how I like it.

And this is how it looks on. Obviously doesn't need to be so tight; the magic of adjustable knots. 

I used this YouTube Video to learn the knots. There are a variety of sliding knots out there but I think these ones look the best and they are quite easy to do. 

The hardest part of making this for me wasn't the knots but getting the small beads onto the cord due to the ends fraying. Cutting a little off the cord does work but I hate wasting those bits of cord so I got a lighter and melted the ends... don't set it on fire though! Only use a lighter if you are an adult or an adult is present, you have been told! 

No comments:

Post a Comment