Saturday 10 August 2013

Crochet slippers

I had some yarn to use up that I bought for my Amigurumi Snake however this yarn is a pretty unique colour and not really one I'd make anything with. So I spent ages wondering what to make with it that not many people would have to see. The answer: slippers!

This is the first piece of clothing I've ever tried to make so it took me a while to get the sizing right for my feet. I think I had to pull it back twice and start again to get the right size, the first time it was MASSIVE I only have size 3 feet.

Anyway here's the pattern that I loosely followed: Simple Crochet Slippers

The pattern suggests to use worsted weight yarn but I made my slippers with the DK yarn i wanted rid of so I had to do more rounds and work out how many stitches I needed to fit my feet. It still worked out fine though and they are sooooo comfy.




The pattern is easy to follow its just getting the size right to fit that's the difficult bit but when you've worked out the first one the second one is a breeze. The only thing I would say is to make sure the slipper is turned inside-out when the back seam is made otherwise the seam is on the outside of the slipper and doesn't look fantastic. Also the slipper may look a bit small when it's being made but remember it stretches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment