Friday 2 August 2013

Crochet Bag

All my socks seem to be taken by the underwear gnomes, so I put the odd socks in a bag until their partners turn up. However I was using an old Ann Summers bag which wasn't the best idea when guests were around... Questions questions questions. So got my crocheting head on.

I made a bag based on this pattern, I say 'based on' because silly my did it wrong.... American double crochet, NOT UK double crochet! This is an American pattern. http://theadventuresofcassie.blogspot.co.uk/2008/03/free-reusable-crocheted-grocery-bag.html

The bag is pretty easy and quite quick to make even if done wrong... I realised i was doing it wrong but wasn't going to pull it all back as it's only being used for socks. So you can see where I changed from the UK double crochet to the American double crochet.

I didn't really like being able to see the pointy corners so I'm using it inside-out for a more rounded bottom.


Here's a picture of it full. 

As I started making the bag using UK double crochet and then switched to American double crochet the bag looks thin at the top and fat at the bottom. But as I said this one is only for socks so it will do. I also added a few extra rounds to what the pattern suggested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment