Saturday 21 March 2015

Crochet Lily

Lilies are one of my favourite flowers I just think they are gorgeous. My absolute favourite are tiger lillies, my favourite colour is orange so I guess this makes sense!

Most of my crafts are for other people, I very rarely make anything for myself, so for the first time ever I've crocheted something just for me, how selfish. I came across This Lily Pattern  and thought it looked amazing, it took me a while to get round to making it but finally here it is:





Obviously I made it in orange, it sort of looks like a tiger lily...sort of. I like it anyway, it has pride of place on the mantelpiece. I found the pattern easy to follow, the only small issue I had was fixing the petals to the trumpet, I had to read the instructions a few times to make sense of it. Other than that the pattern is great and the outcome looks so nice. For the stem I used a wooden skewer cut down to size and wrapped in yarn.

Out of the Flowers That I've Crocheted (which isn't many) this has to be my favourite one so far.



Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment