Saturday 14 June 2014

Heartbeat Bracelet and First Wrap Bracelet.

In the mood for making bracelets again, it's been a while. I wanted to make one that was like a heartbeat. This took me ages to make as the pattern is quite complicated compared to what I've done before.

The pattern I used for this can be found Here

The buckle I used for this was simple. For the loop I twisted the threads together and tied a knot. The tails were just braided and then knotted. 

Wrap Bracelet

I wanted to have a go at a wrapped bracelet, I've never tried this before so thought I'd give it a try. It's exactly the same as hair wrapping, you know those coloured hair wraps that young girls get on holiday.... yeah that, I had a few. 

Bracelet wraps are really easy and quite quick to make; a lot quicker than the friendship bracelets like the one above anyway. It is what it says on the tin, wrapping.

I watched this Tutorial to learn the basic wrap bracelet and this Tutorial to make the crosses in the centre of the bracelet. 

I braided some thread, that I don't like, to wrap around. What better way to use pink glittery thread where its not going to be seen?!  For the buckle I made a loop with all the threads and wrapped the black thread around them all. The tails were just braided and knotted. 


Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment