Sunday 9 August 2015

Mount Fuji and Cherry Blossom Watercolour Painting

I have never tried watercolour painting before, well I probably did when I was very young but I don't remember. I love to learn and try new things so I want to give it a try. For my birthday I asked my friend to get me some watercolour paints. She asked me to paint her a picture so that is what I concentrated on for my first try at watercolour.

My friend loves Japan and her favourite flower is a cherry blossom so I searched for some watercolour tutorials to help me out, with this theme in mind. I found This YouTube Video (Keep in mind I completely new at this and my painting is nowhere near as good). I am a newbie and don't really know any techniques yet, but I thought my friend would appreciate my first attempt with the gift she gave me. Here it is:



I made a little frame for it to make it looks little neater:



I am hoping to try more watercolour painting in the future but it will be a long time before I am any good at it. There is so much to learn!

Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment