Saturday 4 October 2014

Broken Glass Cupcakes

As it's nearly Halloween I though I'd share some horrific cupcakes that I made. They turned out to be more horrific than expected...

These are Broken Glass cupcakes that I made a long time ago so excuse the terrible picture:


So they looked more awesome than they do in the awful photo...well they did until the next day....

I was chuffed with my cakes because I didn't know how they would turn out and they looked pretty good, if I do say so myself. After making them I kept checking on them every hour to make sure the 'glass' was still stood upright etc. It was so I was extremely proud of my cakes.

I came to look at the cakes the next day (the day I was giving them as a present to a friend) and the 'glass' had all bent over and turned white instead of clear and the fake blood was PINK! Now if you know me at all you know that I absolutely detest pink, so not only were my awesome cakes now not so awesome but they were pink....horrified. I was even too horrified to take a photo of the pink mess, my apologies.

I still had to give them to my friend which was a total embarrassment as I had no time to make more. Apparently they still tasted good - silver lining.

I think recipes that do not stay 'awesome' for longer than a day should have this specified in the recipe! So if you ever want to make these cake by all means do because they are fab but MAKE THEM AND EAT THEM, DO NOT KEEP THEM.

The link to the recipe I based these cakes on is Here.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment