Sunday 16 March 2014

Bits and Bobs

Just a blog to update on a few bits and bobs.

Mario Mushroom
The first thing I ever crocheted was an Amigurumi Mario mushroom for my lovely friend lilangelsg2 (who also does lots of crafty things check her out!) It took me ages to make as I'd never picked up a crochet hook in my life. Now that I've had a bit more practice I gave it another go and made her a green one....and it's still not perfect.

Compare this to my first one and find the pattern Here

Recycled Plant Pot
A while back I made a DIY Recycled Plant Pot to add to the 'recycling' theme of the plant pot I used it to regrow spring onions. It's cheaper than buying more spring onions and saves you just throwing the spring onion ends away. All I did was cut the spring onions and leave about 2 inches at the base  then put them into soil (in my recycled plant pot) and after a few days they start to regrow. Just cut some off when needed, remember not to cut them down too short or else they won't regrow; there needs to be some green left as chlorophyl helps with regrowth. 

I think they look quite nice on the kitchen windowsill. 



I also recycle plastic bottles to start growing plants from seed (as you can see in the picture). Here I was starting to grow sweet bell peppers. 





Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment