Saturday 23 November 2013

Crochet Cubes

Who decided crocheting cubes was a good idea?!

The project I'm doing at the moment involves crocheting 1 cube and 5 cuboids. I've completed my first cube and it was a struggle. I'm not using anything to reinforce the sides because I want it to be soft not hard, it's trying so hard to become a circle! 

Not only is this the first try I've had at making a crochet cube but I haven't actually crocheted in rows before, I've only used rounds for the Amigurumi I've made.

This took me a while to sew together... My thumb hurt after...sewing is definitely not my strong point. 

The first cuboid was slightly easier. Maybe this was because I'd already made a cube so I knew what to expect or because it was slightly bigger than the cube. 



So I'm thinking that it's getting easier as I'm getting more practice. This next cuboid I made wasn't that  difficult even though it's the smallest one yet. 



I need to repeat this small cuboid three more times and add detail to the cube them I'm done. Can you guess what it's going to be? 

Find out in my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment