Skip to main content

Turkey- Olu Deniz

Just been away for ten days in Turkey, great weather and plenty to do, it was amazing. I managed 10 days with no phone and no crafting!

This is Olu Deniz beach:

The weather was awesome even though it was October it was above 30 degrees during the day. the other half and me did a jeep safari which included seeing the ruins of Tlos, a mud bath and a fish farm. We went on two boat rides to visit different beaches and enjoyed a bonfire on the beach with traditional Turkish dancing. Went snorkelling nearly every day, there was plenty of life near the rocks on the beach and on the boat trips. 

We are both qualified skuba divers so we went skuba diving. It was our first dive from a boat, in the sea and in a different country, three in one! The water was so clear! I've heard Turkey isn't that great for skuba diving so I didn't have my hopes up for much but I loved it sooo many fish and life that I've not seen in person before. We saw a turtle too in the 'Blue Lagoon' apparently there is only two turtles in there so lucky us :). 

Food was great and not too expensive, Oh and don't forget the cocktails: 


Back to crafting soon. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Waistcoat (with link to free pattern)

I love waistcoats and have spent a lot of time looking for a crochet waitcoat pattern that I actually like. When came across one that I would actually wear I added it straight to my to do list! I think it is quite smart and simple looking (just the way I like things). Here it is: This is the first piece of clothing that I have made and I really like the way it has turned out. The patterns is well written and easy to follow, however I did have to keep trying the waistcoat on as I was making it because I have a very small build and most 'normal' sized clothes do not fit me. After making a few adjustments to the pattern the waistcoat fits perfectly. It is so comfortable and looks great over a shirt, I have had a few compliments whilst wearing it so overall a great make. The pattern is quite simple as far as clothes patterns go, it took me about two days to make, I probably could have done it in one day if I had the time. Find the pattern  Here . Find other clothing po...

Hamster DIY - Suspended Crochet Bridge

To make this bridge I used all natural Jute string a 5.5mm crochet hook. I made the stitches  VERY  tight so that Tims little paws wouldn't get stuck in any gaps, this took quite a bit of effort as the Jute string is very stiff.  SC- Single Crochet Chain 14  (or as many needed to made the bridge wide enough)  Row 1: SC in each chain along, turn Row 2 - 35: SC in each stitch along, turn (add or decrease the amount of rows to create a longer or shorter bridge) Finish off.  Tie a length of string to each corner of the piece to make supports and hang securely in the cage. To make the supports stronger I used two pieces of string in each corner and tied the pieces together all the way along.  Safety! Only use materials that are safe for a hamster. Make sure there are NO gaps for little feet to get caught in. Don't hang the bridge too high from the ground and make sure there is lots of soft bedding beneath the bridge in...

Crochet Calcifer Pattern

'May all your bacon burn' I made Calcifer a while ago find the post  here . I have since been asked to make more on request so whilst making the most recent one I decided to write down the pattern. Now I have it to hand if any more requests come through. So I am sharing my pattern here. If you do use this pattern please link any photos/blog posts ect back to my pattern so that others can enjoy it too! Things I used: DK yarn (yellow, orange and red) Scissors Stitch marker 3mm crochet hook yarn needle Two 4mm black beads  Clear thread (or white thread to sew on the beads)  White felt  Toy Stuffing Pet brush Pattern:  sc = single crochet dc = double crochet  tc = triple crochet ch = chain  Begin with yellow yarn - chain 6 and create a magic ring: Round 1: 2 sc in each stitch around (12 stitches). Round 2: *sc in next stitch, 2 sc in next stitch* repeat around (18 stitches). Round 3: *sc in next two stitches, 2 sc in nex...