Friday 6 September 2013

Crochet Bear

I have an Uncle who for some reason still loves his bears... So what better than make him a unique homemade crochet bear?

This bear's limbs are attached with safety eyes which I think is a brilliant idea as it makes them easy to attach and when they are attached they move!

It took me 2 days to make all the different parts and attach the legs. However I needed to get smaller safety eyes as I bought 10mm instead of 7.5mm and couldn't fit the 10mm eyes into the arms...so it took me a bit longer to finish the bear off. The pattern is just increases and skip stitches to decrease with 8ply yarn. The smaller parts are a little fiddly definitely worth it though.

I'm not sure if I want to add any detail to the bear such as eyebrows, nose detail or a belly button, I'm not the best sewer so I may just ruin it.

Here's where I got  the pattern for this great bear: Little Teddy

No comments:

Post a Comment