Thursday 16 May 2013

DIY Feather Earring


One of my dream catchers broke which I'm not too happy about, but waste not want not, what could I do with the feathers?... So In addition to my Ear Cuffs I decided to try making an earring. For this all I used was an old earring that I don't really like and have never worn and turned it into something I would wear. I've always liked feather earrings but never bought any so thought I'd give it a try. 

Using the wire I used to make the Ear Cuffs I made a small loop in the wire about an inch in from the end using pliers. I lay the feather along the inch of wire the thick part of the feather just under the loop. Using the pliers I made a coil as tight as I could around the feather and the inch of wire to keep the feather in place. When I was happy that the feather wasn't going to slip out I cut the wire and folded the end in so it wouldn't poke me constantly. I also trimmed a bit off the inch of wire at the end as it was a bit long.  (If none of this makes any sense to you whatsoever there are loads of tutorials on the web). 

Then I dismantled the ugly earring I've never worn and hooked the loop of the feather onto it, I also added some of the beads from the earring I destroyed just for a bit of interest. You obviously don't need to go destroying your earrings, earring hooks can be bought from most craft stores. 


Enjoy this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment