Skip to main content

Candy Stripe friendship bracelet and my first Alpha pattern

Hi!

I decided to go back a few years and try my hand at friendship bracelet making again, just because my wrists have been looking a bit boring recently. I had to do a lot of YouTube watching to figure out how to make them, it's been years.

To start off I made a candy stripe bracelet, just something simple to start off with:

Here's a tutorial and pattern for a candy stripe bracelet: http://friendship-bracelets.net/tutorial.php?id=12

I think this pattern is a good one to start of with, it's simple but effective. Very repetitive to make which is good for practice and there are no complicated bits! 

After a bit of practice I decided to try my first ever alpha pattern. I thought alpha patterns were complicated to make...either I picked a really easy one or they are not particularly difficult. I suppose they get a bit harder when you need to add new colours half way down the pattern etc. The one I chose was just two colours. 


I cut 18 strands of green thread (the thread I used was a multicoloured thread so it had a gradual change from green to yellow and back again, so although it looks like i used different coloured thread it is actually all just one skein of the same thread) and used black thread as the main colour. I kept the black thread on the skein to make this just because I didn't know how much I would need. 

Here's the completed lizard:
    
    
 You can find the alpha pattern I used here: http://friendship-bracelets.net/alpha_pattern.php?id=476

Once you get the hang of these they are pretty easy, very time consuming though especially if you're a perfectionist like me. Just don't forget where you are in the pattern as your making it! 

Enjoy this post?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Waistcoat (with link to free pattern)

I love waistcoats and have spent a lot of time looking for a crochet waitcoat pattern that I actually like. When came across one that I would actually wear I added it straight to my to do list! I think it is quite smart and simple looking (just the way I like things). Here it is: This is the first piece of clothing that I have made and I really like the way it has turned out. The patterns is well written and easy to follow, however I did have to keep trying the waistcoat on as I was making it because I have a very small build and most 'normal' sized clothes do not fit me. After making a few adjustments to the pattern the waistcoat fits perfectly. It is so comfortable and looks great over a shirt, I have had a few compliments whilst wearing it so overall a great make. The pattern is quite simple as far as clothes patterns go, it took me about two days to make, I probably could have done it in one day if I had the time. Find the pattern  Here . Find other clothing po...

Hamster DIY - Suspended Crochet Bridge

To make this bridge I used all natural Jute string a 5.5mm crochet hook. I made the stitches  VERY  tight so that Tims little paws wouldn't get stuck in any gaps, this took quite a bit of effort as the Jute string is very stiff.  SC- Single Crochet Chain 14  (or as many needed to made the bridge wide enough)  Row 1: SC in each chain along, turn Row 2 - 35: SC in each stitch along, turn (add or decrease the amount of rows to create a longer or shorter bridge) Finish off.  Tie a length of string to each corner of the piece to make supports and hang securely in the cage. To make the supports stronger I used two pieces of string in each corner and tied the pieces together all the way along.  Safety! Only use materials that are safe for a hamster. Make sure there are NO gaps for little feet to get caught in. Don't hang the bridge too high from the ground and make sure there is lots of soft bedding beneath the bridge in...

Crochet Calcifer Pattern

'May all your bacon burn' I made Calcifer a while ago find the post  here . I have since been asked to make more on request so whilst making the most recent one I decided to write down the pattern. Now I have it to hand if any more requests come through. So I am sharing my pattern here. If you do use this pattern please link any photos/blog posts ect back to my pattern so that others can enjoy it too! Things I used: DK yarn (yellow, orange and red) Scissors Stitch marker 3mm crochet hook yarn needle Two 4mm black beads  Clear thread (or white thread to sew on the beads)  White felt  Toy Stuffing Pet brush Pattern:  sc = single crochet dc = double crochet  tc = triple crochet ch = chain  Begin with yellow yarn - chain 6 and create a magic ring: Round 1: 2 sc in each stitch around (12 stitches). Round 2: *sc in next stitch, 2 sc in next stitch* repeat around (18 stitches). Round 3: *sc in next two stitches, 2 sc in nex...